LTI empowers challenged families and children to overcome barriers, tap potential and achieve success through education, mentoring and social justice advocacy. To meet this mission, we provide innovative programming and human services tailored to evolving challenges. We also collaborate with public and private sectors to assure comprehensive and interlocking services.
LTI programs and services cover these broad areas:
Services for Youth at Risk
- Trauma screenings
- Trauma informed services
- Outreach to promote community awareness and early family engagement
- Information, referral, advocacy and linkage to community resources
- Early, comprehensive and on-going family assessment
- Coordination/collaboration with other service systems to address family-specific needs
- Parenting training/information
- Crisis intervention services
- Home visits
- Support Groups – located in Nassau & Suffolk County
- Prevention for youth at risk of dropping out of school and/or entering the juvenile justice system.
- Care, supervision, educational and social services for youth in non-secure detention group residences.
- Certified and individualized year-round educational, cultural and recreational services for youth in secure juvenile justice facilities.
Employment Training and Job Placement
- Out-of-work and hard-to-place adults
- Mature workers
- Special workforce training to meet public needs
Housing and Transitional Services
Re-entry services – provides individualized supportive services to meet the needs of formerly incarcerated adults and youth as they reintegrate into the community.
Veterans – Housing, employment training, job placement, and referrals to substance abuse/and mental health treatment.
Education and Guidance
- Parent education to foster good parenting skills
- Education programs for youth remanded to juvenile detention
- Placement for individuals mandated by court order to perform community service
Physical and Mental Health
- HIV/AIDS education and prevention for youth and adults, gay and straight
- Health education for adults and youth involved in justice system in both secure and non-secure facilities
- Customized programs for the workplace and community-based programs
Partnering with many of the New York Metropolitan Region’s colleges and universities, LTI has a highly respected Field Instruction and Internship Program with a long track record benefiting both students and our client population.
The program begins in September and ends in May. Undergraduate students (juniors/seniors) are in the program for one semester to complete required hours. Graduate students complete two semesters.
For more information, please contact LTI at 516-483-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Past Programs
- Adolescent Parent Services Program
- Adoption Disruption Prevention Services
- Advantage After School Program
- AfterCare Services Program
- Alternatives to Incarceration
- Building for Success Academy
- Child Care Recruitment, Training and Retention Program
- Community Service Program
- Community Leadership in Employment Needs Training Services Program
- Comprehensive Employment and Training Act
- Court-related Community Service Program
- Educational Resources Program
- Fresh Start Re-Entry Program
- Gang Coordination and Assistance Program
- Group Home Foster Care
- Health Disparities
- HIV-AIDS Education and Prevention Program
- Juvenile Mentoring Program (JUMP)
- Mentoring Children of Promise
- Minority Community Health Coalition HIV/AIDS Project
- Regional Non-secure Detention Residence
- Parent Educator Workshops
- Second Chance Juvenile Mentoring
- School-Based Mentoring Program
- Socio-Academic Modification Program
- Successfully Transitioning youth to Adolescence (STYA)
- Veterans Services
- Work and Gain Economic Sufficiency
- Youth Enterprise Program